8th Annual Al Thomas High School Softball Team Camp
Ages: HS Teams
Location: East Carrollton Park- Carrollton, GA
Monday, July 10, 2017 to Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Camp Cost: $100.00
We are excited to announce that the University of West Georgia Softball will hold the 8th annual AL THOMAS HIGH SCHOOL SOFTBALL TEAM CAMP on July 10, 11, 12 which coincides with Atlanta Legacy Showcase which begins on July 13, 14 and 15.
For seven years we have hosted a high school team camp in Rome with tremendous feedback and results. We are excited to start this tradition in Carrollton. A variety of College coaches from all divisions will be instructing at this camp. There have been more than 35 student athletes that have received college softball scholarship offers that were directly related to their participation at the previous camps.
We understand that many of your players participate in travel ball and getting them to a camp in the summer is difficult. That is why we try and coordinate our camp the same week as the legacy which will hopefully allow your players to attend.
The Softball Team Camp was established with a threefold objective:
* Instruction by College Coaches and College Players during (10) unique morning sessions over a three day period. (your team will rotate through the sessions as a group and will not be divided except for pitchers that will receive individual attention at one pitching session.
* (2) 1:15 minute Scrimmage Games per day with certified umpires.
* Access to College Softball Coaches for softball education and recruiting purposes to benefit your athletes.
* We welcome JV teams as well, all that we ask is that you limit each team you bring to no more than 15 players if possible so all can receive adequate instruction during the sessions.
* You can mix and match your talent level anyway you wish if you divide into multiple teams for the camp.
Cost break down:
Team Fee- No team Fee!
Player Fee- $100.00 (per participant)
We have received college coach's participation from the following:
Auburn at Montgomery
University of Mobile
Wallace State @ Hanceville
Lindsey Wilson College
University of North Alabama
University of Alabama @ Huntsville
University of South Alabama
University of Georgia
Instruction- 9:00am to 12:00pm
Lunch- 12:00-2:00 (own your own)
Please bring your bat, glove, helmet, and cleats. If you are a catcher, you must provide your own gear. *Water will be provided*
Please check in at East Carrollton Park 30 minutes prior to the session start time.
Download Waiver Form
East Carrollton Park
410 N Lake Dr
Carrollton, GA 30117
This is not an "overnight" camp. Players traveling from out of town will be responsible for securing their own hotel accommodations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for recommendations.
No refunds will be given, only camp credits toward a future camp.
For questions regarding Al Thomas Softball Camps e-mail email@example.com or call 706-506-6217.
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp draws closer will be passed on to you via the e-mail address that you supplied when you signed up for camp. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail daily, this will eliminate any confusion and or miscommunication.